Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Getting the party started...More #DisneySide fun

Getting some more decorating done for our party :) This is so much fun!

Mardi Gras Mickey


I am separating the Mardi Gras and Disney Cars theme by creating a Cozy Cone Entrance into our living room, aka Radiator Springs. I originally planned on using cardboard and cutting an entrance in the middle, but it would only allow for kids to enter and not the adults. I brainstormed a bit and came up with this idea.  I started with a piece of paper ribbon and made a triangle frame in the doorway from which to hang the orange crepe paper.


Then I stapled the crepe paper to the paper ribbon. I cut the crepe paper right above the floor line, but will probably cut it a bit shorter when  I complete it. 

 

For the background I was lucky enough to have saved a Radiator Springs background from a Cars wall set we had when Eli was a toddler. It ended up working out perfectly for this project, but you could substitute this background with a blue plastic tablecloth with painted clouds or whatever you choose.


Almost finished product. I went through four rolls of crepe paper and a box of staples. I need to run to the store tomorrow to replenish my supplies.


I also need to get supplies to make the sign:


Tomorrow, hopefully, I will have supplies, finish this project, and start on my Radiator Springs faux wood sign.





No comments:

Post a Comment